Facebook says it has deleted more than 1.5 million copies of the video of the mosque attacks in New Zealand in the first day after the incident.
In a tweet, it said that 1.2 million of those copies were blocked while they were being uploaded.
Fifty people died and dozens were injured in Friday’s twin shootings.
Facebook said it would also remove edited versions, to stop “graphic content” being shared, although copies still appear to be available online.
According to figures released by Facebook the attacks were viewed over 4000 times before the video had been removed.
Complete news article is here.